Nominations are now open for the 2015 Awards!
Learn about each step of the submission process for the 2015 awards: Check Eligibility, Nominate, Apply, and Recommend. Already started work on a submission? View our Deadlines and Confirmation process below.
Nominees must fulfill all of the following requirements. Teens must be:
- Between ages 13-19 at nomination,
- Working to repair the world in a leadership capacity,
- Volunteering without any compensation,
- Self-identified as Jewish.
- Anyone is eligible to nominate a teen, except for a member of their family.
- A teen is welcome to apply without a nomination. In this case no nomination form will be filled out, but an additional (third) recommendation is required.
- Nominations may be submitted through an online form, available now here.
- Teens will complete an online application form, available now here, focused on their volunteer leadership efforts.
- Applicants will be required to secure additional recommendations, as detailed below.
- Applicants may submit supplementary material through the online form, and subsequent updates on their project if relevant.
- Each applicant must have two additional recommendations submitted on their behalf (three if applying without a nomination).
- Applicants are responsible for approaching their own recommenders and directing them to the online form.
- Anyone can serve as a reference for a teen, except for the applicant’s nominator or a member of the applicant’s family.
- See FAQ for suggestions on who to ask to serve as a reference.
- Each individual who submits a form will receive an automatic confirmation message indicating the submission’s receipt.
- If you submit your form and do not see a confirmation screen, do not navigate away from your webform. Save your work in a word processing application before closing your browser, and contact this office for technical support.
- Teens will automatically receive status updates as submissions are made on their behalf.
- Nominations and references are confidential, and while teens will be alerted when they are submitted, no content will be shared with applicants.
- Nominations will be open through December 14, 2014.
- Teens can self-nominate after this date, through January 11, 2015.
- Application and references are due by January 11, 2015.
- Nomination and application forms are available now here.
Frequently Asked Questions