Nominees must fulfill all of the following requirements. Teens must be:
- Between ages 13-19 at nomination,
- Working to repair the world in a leadership capacity,
- Volunteering without any compensation,
- Self-identified as Jewish.
- Teens will complete an online application form focused on their volunteer leadership efforts.
- Applicants will be required to secure additional recommendations, as detailed below.
- Applicants may submit supplementary material through the online form, and subsequent updates on their project if relevant.
- Each applicant must have two additional recommendations submitted on their behalf (three if applying without a nomination).
- Applicants are responsible for approaching their own recommenders and directing them to the online form.
- Anyone can serve as a reference for a teen, except for the applicant’s nominator or a member of the applicant’s family.
- See FAQ for suggestions on who to ask to serve as a reference.
- Anyone is eligible to nominate a teen, except for a member of their family.
- A teen is welcome to apply without a nomination. In this case no nomination form will be filled out, but an additional (third) recommendation is required.
- Nominations for the 2015 Diller Teen Tikkun Olam Awards are now closed.
- Each individual who submits a form will receive an automatic confirmation message indicating the submission’s receipt.
- If you submit your form and do not see a confirmation screen, do not navigate away from your webform. Save your work in a word processing application before closing your browser, and contact this office for technical support.
- Teens will automatically receive status updates as submissions are made on their behalf.
- Nominations and references are confidential, and while teens will be alerted when they are submitted, no content will be shared with applicants.
- Teens can apply and self-nominate through January 11, 2015.
- References are due by January 11, 2015.
- Nomination, application, and reference forms are available now.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Visit our FAQ page for more information.
- Not sure where to start? Visit this page for more direction.